- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Location of Personal Information
- How We Secure Information
- Internet Advertising and Third Parties
- Access and Choice
- Juvenile’s Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
- Additional Information for the EU
- Examples of Information Collected
1. Personal Information We Collect
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to Our Offerings.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with Our Offerings. Information we may collect automatically when you use our service, includes information about (to the extent permitted by law): Device name, device model, current software version, IMEI number, IP address, wifi SSID, network cell info, location for Find my phone feature, battery info, Vin ID account info, password recovery for lock phone with SIM feature, installed app information (such as package name, version, binary), security issue reports.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
For more detailed about the information collected, please refer to Section 13 of this Policy.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Our Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide Our Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver Our Offerings and process transactions related to Our Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve Our Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop Our Offerings.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend Our Offerings that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Our Offerings.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Our Offerings via different channels (e.g., email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote Our Offerings upon your prior consent and in accordance with the applicable laws. We might display interest-based ads for Our Offerings.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
- Recognizing you when you use or sign in use our offerings. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences.
- Conducting research and analysis to improve Our Offerings.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our sites and third-party sites.
- Measure and analyze the performance of Our Offerings.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you might not be able to use certain offerings that require you to sign in, or you might have to manually adjust some preferences or language settings every time you visit our sites.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
4. How We Share Personal Information
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through Our Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have the right to choose not to share the information.
5. Location of Personal Information
6. How We Secure Information
At VinSmart, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We employ appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized access and use of your personal information. We also regularly cooperate with security experts to be updated with the latest information on network security to ensure the safety of your personal information. When collecting data, we maintain and secure your personal information at a server system and these information is secured by firewalls, access control measure and data encryption.
- The information of your card, which is issued by the relevant financial institution, is protected by us in accordance with international standards on the principle that no important data of the card (card numbers, full names, CVV number) is recorded in our system. Your payment transaction is made by the relevant bank system.
7. Internet Advertising and Third Parties
Our Offerings may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services.
8. Access and Choice
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with Our Offerings. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Many of Our Offerings include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of Our Offerings.
9. Juvenile’s Personal Information
10. Retention of Personal Information
11. Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at VinSmart or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us and we will try to resolve it. You may also contact us at the address below:
VinSmart Care Center
Call center: 1900 232389
12. Additional Information for the EU
We provide additional information about the privacy, collection, and use of personal information of prospective and current customers of Our Offerings located in the European Economic Area.
- Processing. We process your personal information on one or more of the following legal
- as necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide Our Offerings, to respond to requests from you, or to provide customer support;
- as necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations;
- respond to lawful requests and orders; or
- with your consent.
- Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- ask whether we hold personal information about you and request copies of such personal information and information about how it is processed;
- request that inaccurate personal information be corrected;
- request deletion of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- request us to restrict the processing of personal information where the processing is inappropriate;
- object to the processing of personal data;
- request portability of personal information that you have provided to us (which does not include information derived from the collected information), where the processing of such personal information is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means; and
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability by contacting us. If you wish to do any of these things and you are our customer, please contact us. If you are not our customer, please contact us at the address under Section 11 above.
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
13. Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You mainly provide information to us when you:
- search for, subscribe to, or purchase Our Offerings;
- create or administer your account;
- configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with Our Offerings;
- register for or attend a VinSmart’s event;
- purchase or use content, products, or services from third-party providers through VinSmart’s websites or apps (or other similar venues operated or provided by us);
- offer your content, products, or services on or through Our Offerings or VinSmart’s websites or apps (or other similar venues operated or provided by us);
- communicate with us;
- complete a questionnaire or other information request forms;
- post on VinSmart’s websites or apps or similar venues.
Depending on your use of Our Offerings, you might supply us with such information as:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- payment information, including credit card and bank account information;
- information about your location;
- information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, communications with us;
- your image (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend an event of VinSmart or use certain Our Offerings to the extent allowed and according to the procedures provided for by the applicable laws;
- information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.
We mainly collect information automatically when you:
- visit, interact with, or use Our Offerings (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with Our Offerings);
- download content from us;
- open emails or click on links in emails from us; and
- interact or communicate with us.
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer (or other device) to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider;
- computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- authentication and security credential information;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads;
- Our Offerings metrics, such as offering usage, occurrences of technical errors, reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs;
- the content you viewed or searched for, page response times, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks);
- email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us; and
- identifiers and information contained in cookies.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us or third parties in relation to Our Offerings;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and
- credit history information.